St Margaret, Lossiemouth

Services began in Lossiemouth in 1889.

The Church was built in 1911 with local stone from nearby Birnie and faced with Hopeman sandstone.

The freestanding stone altar was a gift to the church in 1965, while the wooden pulpit was made at nearby Gordonstoun School.

The modern stained glass widows behind the altar, which show St Margaret of Scotland and St Luke the Evangelist, were made in the glass studios at Pluscarden Abbey near Elgin.

St Margarets runs a Sunday Club for pre-school age children and welcomes members of all ages along to join in the stories, crafts and worship. Sunday club participate in the 9.30am service and is held either at the back of the church or in the vestry.


Stotfield Road, Lossiemouth, IV31 6QS

Phone Number

01343 547505

Church Website


Parish Eucharist Sun 9.30am.
Holy Communion Thur 10.00am.

Clergy in Charge

Rev Tembu Rongong

Additional Clergy

Rev Jennifer Sclater