St. Marnan, Aberchirder

The congregation of St Marnan’s, Aberchirder, is the direct descendent of the ancient ‘Parish of Saint Marnan’. After 1707 when the Presbyterians gained possession of the Parish Church it is recorded that the congregation often met for worship ‘in the Mansion House or in the woods nearby’.

After the repeal of the Penal Laws a place of worship was built at Dens of Mayen. The present Church in Aberchirder was built in 1824, under the auspices of the saintly Bishop Jolly, making St Marnan’s is one of the oldest churches in the Diocese.

Address

Main Street, Aberchirder, AB54 7SY

Phone Number

01542 882782

Church Website

http://www.isladeveronchurches.org/

Services

Parish Eucharist 9:00am first Sunday only,
5th Sunday Combined Service please see Church Website for details

Clergy in Charge

Rev Michael Last